Join the database and update your listing
DutchCulture | TransArtists aims to provide an overview of all artist-in-residence programmes worldwide that host international artists on a regular basis. This overview is provided based on a large database of organisations, listing currently more than 1.500 artist-in-residence opportunities.
We welcome new residencies in the database on an ongoing basis. We include residency programmes focusing on a wide range of artistic disciplines (visual arts, performing arts, applied arts, crafts, curating, research, music, literature, digital media art and cross-disciplinary).
Would you like to list your artist-in-residence program in our database? Here's how to do it!
The main criteria for artist-in-residences to be included in our database are:
- offering a residency opportunity that is not only a one-time opportunity. For one-time opportunity, there is another process to get published on our website – read more about it here.
- to be a professional opportunity (no B&B, resort,…), and not intending to make profit out of the residency programme. We understand that there are costs related to running a residency programme, but we also consider a residency not to be a hotel/hostel facility.
- if the artists need to cover (partially or completely) the costs of their stay in the residency, that fee to be reasonable and realistic to the place where the residency is located
- to accept applications from artists (not per invitation only and preferably not only through bilateral exchanges).
- to accept international artists (not only from the country in which you are based, and to be open for more than few nationalities).
Furthermore, we usually list programmes where accommodation is provided, or where the hosts provide concrete help to find accommodation facilities, as our target audience is mostly international. We rarely list studio-only opportunities. If you have a studio-only programme next to your residency programme, we can mention it in your listing.
Add your residency
To submit your residency to our database, please fill in this submission form. Note that it takes time to fill in the form entirely! You will receive a confirmation of your submission right after you have completed and sent the form.
We do not charge any costs for these services.
Please note that we are a small team and that publishing a profile in our database might take around 8 weeks. Our team process each submission manually, checks them and will contact you if we have any questions. If you don’t hear from us within 8 weeks after submitting the information, please get in touch with Arda van Tiggelen - main editor of TransArtists.org.
Update your listing
Once your residency is added to the database, it will automatically appear in the deadlines section if your open call has a fixed deadline – if you work with an ongoing deadline, your residency will be listed under Apply any time.
We can always edit your residency profile, to update the description, costs, technical information, deadlines or to add new pictures (up to 5, maximum file size 600 MB). Have a look in the left column of your listing for the "Update your listing" entry. There you will find a link to an online form where you can tell us what should be updated on the page. Also if your residency programme is suspended or if you are no longer active, please get in touch with us to remove your listing.
If you have updated information, a new open call or other relevant updates for us, or if you have any questions about the online form: please get in touch! Send us an e-mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Note that we reserve ourselves the right to remove a listed programme if we receive at least three similar complaints about your programme or in case of a legitimate doubt about the activities of the residency programmes. Get in touch with us through transartists[a]dutchculture.nl if you want to know more about this procedure.