Cripta747 residency programme
Cripta747 residency programme
Cripta747 Residency Programme aims to support the creative development of artists, curators and researchers from any field of contemporary culture, without any geographical or age limit. The Residency takes place at Cripta747’s headquarters, an industrial building located in the North of Turin. Following the city’s vocation for an artistic and cultural model focused on investigation and production processes, Cripta747 provides fellows with the opportunity to live and work in Turin for 8 weeks during September – November 2018 while developing individual projects and immersing themselves in the city’s creative environment. This process-based residency aims at implementing and rethinking new strategies in research and artistic practices, refocusing the attention onto the production processes. Through the fellowship, it favours mobility, fosters exchange between local and foreign researchers, and supports both material and conceptual production.
An international scientific board that consists of three members (curators, artists, directors of selected European art institutions) that change every year, characterizes and orients every edition of the residency through the final selection of the residents appointed among the proposals shortlisted by Cripta747. For this edition the board is composed by: Alessio Antoniolli (Director of Gasworks, London), Giovanni Carmine, (Director of Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen) and Eva Fabbris (member of the Curatorial and Research Department of Fondazione Prada, Milan) Fellows are invited to present the results of their researches developed in residence through a public event and an open studio.
The current open call is for 2 fellowships. Each fellowships whole amount is up to € 6.000 and covers daily allowance, accommodation, studio rent at Cripta747 and production costs. The grant is divided as follow:
- up to € 2.500 (before tax*) daily allowance for living expenses, travels, designed activities and research;
- up to € 1.500 (VAT incl.) to cover the production;
- € 1.500 to cover housing and studio rent;
- up to € 500 to cover the summer field trip expenses (during the months before the residence, in accord with Cripta747’s staff, the appointed artists are strongly advised to spend 3/4 days in Turin for a visit. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Cripta747)
*Tax rate is 20% for residents in Italy, 30% for residents abroad.
- 2 studios of 35 m2 and 56 m2 inside Cripta747’s venue;
- Private apartment
- 2 Fellowships available
- Summer field trip: during the months before the residence, in accord with Cripta747’s staff, the appointed artists are strongly advised to spend 3/4 days in Turin for a visit. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Cripta747 (up to € 500,00)
- Support in research, development of the work and production
- Technical assistance and logistic support in the ordinary management of the space
- Help organizing meetings and studio visits
- Curatorial support in the organization of public event and open studio
Fellows in residency are invited to present the work developed in Turin through an open studio and a public event. Cripta747 encourages a spirit of openness in the programme’s on-going activities, through participation programmes and public events.
- OPEN STUDIO: in the first week of November, during the Contemporary art Week and Artissima Fair, there is the open studio. The opening of places dedicated to artistic production offers to public, as well as the artists involved, the unique opportunity to see and discuss issues and processes related to the research carried out in the months of residence.
- PUBLIC EVENT: We also ask the residents to think out and plan an event such as a talk, a workshop, a screening, a lecture or a conference, realized during their residency with the support of Cripta747’s staff, to directly engage the audience.
Deadline for application is 29th April. To apply candidates are invited to: