TransArtists Workshop programme
TransArtists Workshop programme
The field of artist-in-residence (AiR) places from around the world is in state of constant flux, therefore the focus of the DutchCulture | TransArtists’ workshops is on recognizing and articulating these latest trends.
The DutchCulture | TransArtists staff has developed different formats of workshops designed to fit the needs of artists for information regarding residency opportunities, internationalisation and professionalization of their careers. The workshops can either focus on a specific discipline (visual arts, performing arts, film, literature, music, design, curatorial practice and creative industries) or focus on crossover and interdisciplinary opportunities.
During the workshops different models of residency are introduced (research, working on short or long-term projects, retreat, production, public presentation, thematically focused, socially focused residencies etc), each time with examples of relevant spaces for the artists taking part in the workshop. Different networks and information platforms are presented, as well as various funding opportunities for individual artists at different stages of their careers; we go over all what artists need to know to successfully make use of these opportunities. On occasions, the workshop is directly focused on the individual needs of the participants. To address these needs, we organise a portfolio review with a set of recognized professionals: residency organisers/coordinators and/or other experts participating in the selection of artists for residencies.
The DutchCulture | TransArtists‘ workshop gives insight in the above-mentioned variety and flexibility of artist-in-residence places, in that way encouraging the participants to reflect on their personal needs and developments in connection with working in an international context.
Trans Artists organizes workshops in:
- The Netherlands: at nearly all the Art Academies throughout the country, at its office in Amsterdam, and at several festivals.
- Throughout Europe together with partner organizations.
- In the framework of Mutual artist-in-residence Impulse programs, currently in Morocco and Taiwan.
Posing in the very cold and very early morning before the TA workshop. Meet the talented students of the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute in Chongqing, China, December 2014
International workshops on request
DutchCulture | TransArtists is happy to take up on any kind of international invitation that creates an opportunity to share its expertise to the benefit of artists. Please read here what to expect and how to proceed.
DutchCulture | TransArtists' Workshop at the Beykent University, Istanbul
The Workshop manual
The printed Manual of the TransArtists Workshop: a handy overview of facts, use and value of artist-in-residence opportunities, which can help you to make a choice, apply, and prepare for an art residency. A similar manual was designed for the ON-AiR project, and you can download it for free in pdf here.
Workhops by DutchCulture | TransArtists were held at, among others:
- Transart Institute, NY and Berlin
- Minerva Akademie, Groningen
- Rietveld academie, Amsterdam
- Sandberg Institute, Amsterdam
- MAR, KABK, Den Haag, NL
- KIF (the Association of Swedish Craftsmen and Industrial Designers), Stockholm
- Vilnius Academy of Arts and Nida Art Colony, Vilnius
- Mahku, Utrecht
- Russian Theatre Union, Moscow
- Fringe festival, Amsterdam
- TransCultural Exchange, Boston
- K2, Izmir (ON-AiR closing seminar)
- KOC University, Istanbul (ON-AiR workshop and printmaking workshop for Art Students)
- AiR Laboratory, CCA Ujazdowski Castle, Warsaw (ON-AiR workshop for visual artists with portfolio review)
- Artservis and SCCA, Lubljana (ON-AiR Curator-in-Residence workshop)
- SPACE gallery, Stanica Zilina and Banska St a nica Contemporary, Slovakia (ON-AiR workshop for young and emerging artists)
- IN/OUT, GAI – Association for the Circuit of Young Italian Artists, Turino (ON-AiR)
- Artists in Transit, IGBK, Berlin (ON-AiR)
- Skopje Design Week, PublicROOM, Skopje (ON-AiR)
- ArtLab11, Lecce (ON-AiR)
- Frans Masereel Centre, Kasterlee (ON-AiR)
- ArtEZ Art Academy, Enschede (ON-AiR)
- Workshop Foundation, Budapest (ON-AiR)
- Glasgow School of Art and Cove Park, Glasgow (ON-AiR)
- CPAI, Lisbon (ON-AiR)
- Uniter, Bucharest (ON-AiR)
- Konstepidemin, Gòteborg (ON-AiR workshop for mid-career artists)
- Pépinières Osterreich, Graz (ON-AiR)
- Platform3 and Kulturreferat Munchen, Munich (ON-AiR)
- AWOL, Biennial for Young Artists, Bucharest
- CIANT, Days of Artistic Mobility, Prague
- U3 Biennial, Ljubljana
- Young Artists' Biennial, Tallinn
- Academy for Visual Arts, Bratislava
Workshop at PRO ARTE Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia, 11 April 2012.