Rote Fabrik in Zurich calls foreign artists for a residency in 2022
On 1 July 2008, IG Rote Fabrik began an artists in residence project for foreign artists and cultural workers. The Rote Fabrik, within which the cultural center and the artists working in the studios stimulate each other, inspire each other and make use of networking opportunities, is particularly suitable for such a project and thus enables the establishment of a location in Zurich for local and international dialogue.
IG Rote Fabrik allocates a suitable work studio to foreign artists for a period of 3 months and provides for the infrastructure, support and artistic environment.
The artists in residence project (AiR) is geared toward professional artists from abroad who exhibit high artistic and professional quality in the fields of visual arts, dance, theatre, music or film. The project offers the following opportunities and services:
- Integration within a cultural center
- Regular exchange with other local artists, cultural workers and studio users at Rote Fabrik
- The support of a person in charge, appointed by IG Rote Fabrik
- A working environment in which one feels secure and challenged, due to the presence of many other artists and cultural workers
- Appropriate infrastructure as agreed upon and according to availability
- Press and public relations work
- Opportunities to present work in the work studio in Rote Fabrik
- Accommodation in the city of Zurich
The AIR project is financed by the IG Rote Fabrik and Pro Helvetia.
Three artists a year are chosen by Pro Helvetia’s external offices in India, China, South Africa and Egypt. One artist a year is directly chosen by Rote Fabrik. The application for the residency slot is in July 2021 for a three months residency in 2022 (April-July). The application form with further information is available for download on the organization's website. Applications can be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] or post, in German or in English. Submission deadline is 15 August 2021.