Citofonare PimOff residencies for Contemporary Dance and Performance
The call Citofonare PimOff supports national and international chorographical and performative research by hosting residencies for artists. PimOff acts as collector and booster for emergent artists, rewarding unpublished artistic proposals. Initially designed as an open call addressed to every sector of the performing arts, during its six editions, Citofonare PimOff has defined its focus on dance and performance, sectors that in the Italian context are more sacrificed than others. However, traces of its original form remain, as well as those of the diversified activity of Pim Spazio Scenico association; these traces reflect in a broad concept of dance and performance, a perspective that considers hybridization between knowledges and arts as an indispensable resource for reporting the complexity of our time.
Citofonare PimOff supports dance and performance projects at their creation phase, which have never been presented in front of the public in their final form. PimOff will provide to all selected artists a residency, lasting a maximum of two weeks, from February to June 2022. The length and all arrangements for the development of the residency will be discussed by the organizational office of PimOff with the company, and will depend on the nature of the proposed project and its stage of progress. Whatever the stage of development of the project is, at the end of the residency, all companies/artists are asked to present to the public, a preview, an extract, or a study of it.
PimOff will provide:
- Rehearsal studio (schedule to be agreed)
- Accommodation for maximum 4 people and use of the kitchen (board excluded)
- Financial support of 1000 €
- A pocket budget of 500 € to be invested in professional counselling and tutoring, in support of the development of the project or the professional growth of the company/artist
- Technical counselling
- Organisation, promotion and communication support
- Production of video and photographic material, in collaboration with the course of “Foto Video e New Media” of Accademia Teatro alla Scala
Travels, transfers, board expenses, visa, performers fees are in charge of the companies/artists.
All artists with motor and sensory disabilities are guaranteed the opportunity to fully benefit from the theatre equipment and services provided be the call. On this regard PimOff staff relies on the professional advice of association Fedora.
The application is online, with a deadline 30th April 2021.