ZARYA Artist-in-Residence program based on ZARYA Center for Contemporary Art in Vladivostok is a project aimed at provision of support to professionals in the field of contemporary art that welcomes artists, curators and researchers regardless of their preferred genres and techniques, as well as age and place of birth/current residence. ZARYA A-i-R offers the artists an opportunity to live and work in the new environment and conditions conductive to intensive work that provide a chance for successful implementation of creativity projects.
ZARYA A-i-R is primarily focused on analysis and development of local environment. One of its tasks is establishment of a dialogue with both dedicated professionals and wide audience. The program is destined to become an efficient point of interaction between representatives of various nations and cultures and to encourage development of the local art world on the Far East. Throughout the existence of ZARYA A-i-R program, which was opened in December 2014, more than 80 artists from Russia and overseas have participated.
Priority is to be given to the projects that meet the following requirements:
- site-specific focus on local context of the Far East and Vladivostok
- strong conceptual framework of the project
- proper understanding of the project development process
The resident is expected to:
- present the project within the program timeline;
- provide an introduction lecture;
- provide an additional event in another format (master class, seminar, off-site lecture, open studio day, training course, etc.)
Residents are able to work at a workshop (33 m2) at the premises of CCA ZARYA for joint use.
Residents are provided with an accommodation at a furnished studio apartment (2 bedrooms for 2 persons in each, kitchen + living room, household appliances) at the premises of CCA ZARYA.