Taipei Artist Village (TAV) & Treasure Hill Artist Village (THAV)
Through the Artist-in-Residence program, Taipei Artist Village and Treasure Hill Artist Village are building a multinational network of associative participation. With studios and accommodation for Taiwanese and international artists, this is a place where cross-cultural, cross-disciplinary forces collide and meld, generating artistic energy. It is a place where different classes, age groups and peoples meet and communicate.
The organizers hope these two artist villages will become laboratories of art, dedicated to allowing each artist and each person to enjoy the same life, the same openness and freedom. They are committed to letting human beings fully express their creativity and imagination, so that each person may appreciate the differences among us. Through the concept of “parallel spaces,” Taipei Artist Village and Treasure Hill Artist Village hope to engage in a generative dialogue with society right now, and become a platform of cross-cultural exchange.
Exhibition, artist talk, open studio, workshop.
- TAV features living quarters and studios (33-46 m2) for 12 artists, as well as a dance studio, a piano room, a dark room, a photo studio, a wood workshop, a recording studio, an exhibition space and two multifunctional halls
- THAV has 14 studios, where either Taiwanese or international artists can work and live, as well as a rehearsal room, a wood workshop, exhibition spaces and outdoor exhibition spaces
- Located in the city’s government office district, TAV is a four-story building renovated as part of ongoing efforts to reutilize vacant spaces. Its function is not merely to exhibit artworks, but to be a point of convergence for artists. In addition to office spaces and three multifunctional exhibition halls, TAV features living quarters and studios for 13 artists, as well as a dance studio, piano room and dark room, providing a spectrum of uses for resident artists.
- Nearest Train station: Taipei Main Station; By MRT: Shandao Temple Station Exit 1 or Taipei Main Station Exit M2.
- THAV is a unique artist residency located in a historical community of Taipei’s Gongguan district. Illegal shanties, erected mainly in the 1960s and 1970s, meander up the natural slope, haphazard and intricate, forming one of Taiwan’s unique visual landmarks.
- By MRT: Gongguan Station Exit 1