Ada X’s residencies offer artists opportunities to experiment and create a new work in media arts. For a period of eight weeks, resident artists have access to a studio space and equipment. They receive a residency fee in accordance with Le Repaire’s media arts dissemination guidelines, as well as a production budget to cover professional fees for technical assistance and/or materials directly related to the residency project. The center also offers the possibility to showcase the work developed during a public presentation, and opportunities to design and offer an educational activity for young audiences (with additional fees paid). For now, Ada X residency program is open to artists living in the Greater Montreal area only.
Ada X supports proposals that address the interactions between gender, race, accessibility, and technology, from an intersectional feminist perspective. They value proposals that promote digital literacy and democratization (open source software, ethical practices, accessibility of tools).
Call for proposals 2022-2023 | Local residencies
Do you need resources to develop a media arts project? Send us your proposal for a residency project at Ada X! You could be invited to participate in a 8 week production residency at Ada X between September 2022 and June 2023. This call is open to artists living in the Greater Montreal area only.
– Be an artist residing in the Greater Montreal area identifying as a woman, queer, trans and/or non-binary.
– Have a media arts practice.
– Demonstrate autonomy in the use of the equipment and tech necessary to carry out the project.
– Propose a project that is feasible with the material resources made available by Ada X: you’ll be asked for a work plan, budget [including confirmed sources of funding, if applicable], resources provided by the artist and required equipment.
– Please note: the space is NOT suitable for sound and/or multidisciplinary projects that would require a silent environment.
– Consistency with the Ada X mandate
– Quality of the applicant’s artistic work
– Relevance of the project in the current media arts context
– Importance of the residency in the development of the artist’s practice
Depending on the artist's needs. Exhibition, artist talk, curator's visit, possibility to conduct an educational workshop.
Ada X residency program is open to artists living in the Greater Montreal area only.