Sachaqa Centro De Arte
Sachaqa Centro De Arte welcomes artists to the district of San Roque de Cumbaza, Province of Lamas, located one hour from Tarapoto at a height of 700 m. They strive to be the first center for artists in the Peruvian Amazon that unites art, respecting styles and techniques under a common goal to promote environmental awareness. The centre’s activities have a strong base in traditional indigenous amazonian culture, while simultaneously embracing indigenous arts styles and techniques from all over the world as well as a contemporary standard.
Collaborating with artists in many fields from around the world, the center has initiated an artist residency program - as a Sachaqa resident you will be part of an evolving eco-art project/movement.
- To provide affordable creative space and accommodation for artists of all mediums.
- To periodically conduct cultural art events and exhibitions in partnership with various organizations and local institutions.
- Learn and exchange creative ideas and techniques with local indigenous artists and artisans.
- Foster and support artists to search for environmentally sound creative methods using materials found locally.
- The opportunity to visits pristine relatively undisturbed nature spots, waterfalls, sulphur springs, viewpoints of national parks, protected areas and spend time getting to know indigenous villages through courses with local artisans
Studio is light, spacious and suitable for up to 5 artists.
Shared or private house.
Ceramics Facilities, Internet.