RU fosters customized residency environments for artists and curators in all disciplines and at all stages of practice.
Participants receive critical, production, and administrative assistance. Substantial emphasis is placed on building networking capacity for the residents. This networking aspect is naturally reinforced through the partnering strategies that Residency Unlimited puts into place.
What Residency Unlimited can provide to artists in residence:
1. Comprehensive support “pre-residency”
2. A gathering and networking space
3. Production & technical support
All residents are encouraged to make use of RU's large, multifunctional space at 360 Court street in Carroll Gardens. The RU public space operates simultaneously as a work, meeting and presentation venue. For the purposes of the artists and curators, it suits the following:
- Non-studio-based artistic and curatorial projects (*);
- Discussions, workshops, studio visits and informal gatherings;
- Public presentations with screenings, talks, performances and short-term exhibitions.
(*) Should you require a designated studio during your time in residency, RU will help you secure an affordable space that suits your needs.
Not provided, but RU will help you find accommodation and, if necessary, a studio space, prior to your arrival.