Residency Eina Danz
Residency Eina Danz is a center for creation situated by the Eina lake outside of Oslo. Surrounded by Norwegian countryside, R.E.D.’s mission is the following:
- To provide housing and creative workspace for local and international interdisciplinary artists and groups working with dance.
- To serve as a concentrated center for artistic development outside the urban landscape.
- To be a workspace where the artistic process gets the main focus.
- To provide experience of having a close connection to the raw material, which can be used to build scenography and get direct access to local food.
- To host an annual summer festival and performances throughout the summer season
The artists in residence has to conclude their stay with a showing, a talk/lecture or a workshop.
20 x 13,5 meter studio in a barn. 8 meter height. Wooden floor with plates covering the entire space, covered with dance mats (Marley Dance Floor). The studio is fully heated.
Huge outdoor areas, with possibility for setting up a workspace in the woods.
- 4 double bed rooms.
- 1 WC
- 1 bath with washing machine and shower
- 1 bathroom with bathtub/shower and WC
- Kitchen and Living room. Internet access.
Maximum 8 participants.
Simple sound system with speakers, can be connected with computer. Internet access. Possibilities for aerial acrobatics. Access to wood and metal- workshop and local sound studios.