Nomadic Curatorial Residency
Arts en Residence - National network has been working since 2010 to structure and increase the visibility of residencies in the French visual arts field. It federates structures which strive for the development of contemporary creation while guaranteeing ethical working conditions for artists and art professionals. Set up by Arts en résidence - National network in 2016, the nomadic curatorial residency regularly offers an exhibition curator or art critic the opportunity to be hosted by several of the network’s structures during different trips.
This nomadic residency is to be considered a meeting and networking residency with artists and other art world professionals in each area. Each structure will facilitate these meetings. The candidate, therefore, agrees to be available to meet and dialogue with the local scenes and contexts offered by each of the venues.
Each structure will work out with the selected candidate the way in which it intends to involve him/her temporarily in the life of the venues/area.
Set up by Arts en résidence - National network in 2016, the nomadic curatorial residency regularly offers an exhibition curator or art critic the opportunity to be hosted by several of the network’s structures during different trips.
This project should be considered as a residency intended to put the curator or art critic in touch with relevant contacts and facilitate his/her/their networking with many actors of the different territories, for which each structure acts as a facilitator. The aim is to discover and establish a dialogue with the local area, in the variety of contexts offered by each of the locations.
The scheme aims to:
- Promote dialogue and exchange between artists and curators.
- Provide young curators with opportunities for research, artistic work, and networking.
- Contribute to the visibility of artists from different geographical areas.
- Encourage, through this visibility, the mobility of artists between different geographical areas.
- Offer curators nomadic working conditions that reflected the art sector’s qualities of mobility and interconnectedness.
- Bring a fresh outlook and constructive insights to the hosting organisations
.To be specified with the resident:
1st location: Le Centre d’arts Fernand Léger in Port-de-Bouc > 15 days between Sept 15th to Oct 31, 2023
2nd location: Artistes en résidence in Clermont-Ferrand > 15 days between Nov and Dec, 2023
3rd location: LE PORT DES CRÉATEURS in Toulon > 15 days between Dec 2023 and Jan 2024, outside french school holidays