The objectives of KIAR Residency are to:
- encourage contemporary artistic creation
- develop intercultural exchanges between Indian and international artists through interaction, workshop and exploration and analysis
- produce the creation of new shows by Kalanirvana International Art Center
- represent international companies within Indian networks of distribution (festivals, art etc.) and Indian companies within international networks
- organize in its art center, national and international artist residences that offer the opportunity to disconnect from over-communication and busy urban life to reconnect with an organic and quite Indian atmosphere in an semi-Urban city
- organize culture tour and seminars in the heart of the Indian Cultural City, allowing the guests to know each other and explore true Indian culture through a series of activities related to well-being: yoga, meditation, cooking, walking, beaching, learning local craft and art, cycling, organic gardening, visit of the world biggest zoo for white tigers, experiencing Indian family, festivals, Bollywood Films etc.
- facilitate links with the neighboring community through the exchange of information and know-how in the fields of arts and environmental education.
Artists applying for more than three weeks are expected to have presentation, art talk, presentation or exhibition.
They have two studio facilities, one is indoor and other is open. There are easels, basic colors, cutting machine, drilling machine, polishing machine, basic art materials like canvas and stretching material is available on request. There is terrace space that one can use for work.
KIAR Bhubaneswar consists of a private self-contained cabin within the property of a larger house and studio. The residency is approximately 270 sq meters that includes three bedrooms, one studio suite, 2 bathrooms, kitchenette, one ppen studio, one indoor studio, one small gallery (under construction), one roof top sitting area, one 2400 sq feet garden area, free WIFI, scanner and printer, minimalist and comfortable furniture. The courtyard and gardens are very suitable for a organic vegetation. Each guest of KIAR BBSR is provided with bed covers. They do not provide towels. The kitchenette has a gas stove, toaster, sink, fridge. There are basic supplies such as salt, pepper, tea, coffee, teapot etc. There is also a washing machine for the residents .
The rooms do not have computers but there are plenty of power points for equipment. For 24-hour regular internet use, guests are encouraged to bring their own mobile wireless broadband device.
They provide single and twin accommodation and they also provide group or family accommodation (pets are not allowed).