The residency Uberbau_house belongs to Curatoria Forense residency program, and is an instance of reflection, research and documentation on contemporary art, as well as an opportunity of exchange with local agents and organizations in São Paulo and Latin America. Since 2010 Curatoría Forense has developed an itinerant contemporary art residence's program, which takes part in different Latin American locations together with local autonomous spaces of six South American countries (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Uruguay).
These residences are focused to explore and debate problematics regarding social, cultural and contemporary art issues in each particular context. Therefore, their main objective is to establish what they call 'affective and effective' relationships between the participants and the local people involved during and after the period of residence.
The Contemporary Art Residency Program is orientated to contemporary visual artists, art historians and researchers, curators, art promoters and other cultural agents.
- Meeting program with local agents in São Paulo and Latin America: artist, curators, art management’s, researchers and other relevant agents from the scene
- Periodical orientation meetings
- Public instance of presentation and conversation of your work
- Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions
- Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency
Shared studio and contemporary art specialized library in a common space.
Shared accomodation in bedrooms for three residents, including breakfast.