Chongqing Dimensions Art Center (DAC)
Dimensions Art Center (DAC) is officially registered as Non-Governmental (NGO) and Non-profit (NPO) institution in Chongqing. It is a multi-dimensional art research and exchange platform that focuses on “contemporary”, “experimental”, “locality” and “publicity”.
DAC Artists In Residency (DAIR) is committed to materializing the symbiosis of art and society, facing the local social scene and cultural background under the context of the current era of international contemporary art environment to carry out cross-disciplinary, cross-media and interdisciplinary integration through researches on theoretical practices with open, innovative and experimental mindset. DAIR continuously recruits and invites artists, curators, designers and other professionals from all over the world to Artists In Residency and provide months of local residence and work presentation opportunities. DAIR help all kinds of professionals carry out theoretical research in locality and practices in creation on this platform, exerting their creativity with freedom. To this end, they also channel resources from various fields and leverage reasonable social cooperation and resources to materialize the social effect of art, the revitalization of the region and the symbiosis with joint efforts.
At present, the “Regular Residency Program” and the “Emerging Artists Residency Program” are open for applications:
- Program 1: Regular Residency Program - Recruitment target: contemporary art and culture practice and researcher such as artists, curator and designers etc. from all over the world. Research direction and creative media are not limited.
- Program 2: Emerging Artists Residency Program - Recruitment target: emerging artists from all over the world under the age of 35. Creative media is not limited but creative direction should be in accordance with the theme of this residency program.
DAC offers all resident artists the possibility of exhibition, presentation, lecture, workshop, etc. and invites resident artists the participation possibility of social projects, educational projects and art festivals. Resident artists are kindly invited to hold at least one public activity during their residency period.
- Use of photography, wood, clothing, dyeing & fabric and music studio facilities with professional support;
- The use of professional exhibition halls and exchange meeting rooms and related equipment;
- Services such as resident results exhibition planning, academic supporting;
- Possibility to invite DAC art directors, academic advisors, and institutional curators to visit the studio for academic exchanges;
A 30-square-meter, 24-hour service and a studio with a living room that is equipped with daily facilities as air conditioning, wardrobes. Use of public living facilities such as public kitchens, laundry rooms, shower rooms, etc.
Located in the central art district of the city of Chongqing.