Brashnar Creative Project is a non-profit association for contemporary interdisciplinary art and ecological development, which aims to engage directly in the support and creation of an environment for contemporary artistic expression and the development of an ecologically sustainable community for the purpose of enriching and conserving Macedonian culture.
As an artist-led project, Brashnar Creative Project aims to directly influence the process of decentralization of the arts and culture in Skopje. Introducing the possibilities of contemporary artistic practices to the local and surrounding neighbourhood for gaining new perspectives and knowledge further strengthens the bond between Brashnar Creative Project and the community.
This is a self-directed, process-based residency with no obligation or expectation to complete a body of work, but artists are expected to engage with the community during Open Studio events organized by Brashnar that take place the last week of each month.
The studio area of the house includes:
- 4 private studios (three are 140 square feet (13 square meters) and one is 220 square feet (20 square meters) with 7-foot (2.2 meters) high walls.)
- 1 shared studio (420 square feet or 40 square meters with 10-foot or 3 meters high walls)
- The studios are outfitted with worktables, chairs, easels, drawing boards, storage areas and clamp lights.
- Hand tools (Power hand tools are available upon request.)
- Work clothes and studio rugs
- Re-usable material (variety of paper, used bicycle tubes, glass, wire, cardboard, various old metal objects, thread, yarn, plastic containers etc.)
- A bathroom
- Small kitchen with an outdoor or common area for coffee/tea.
- An outside area around the house to be used as an open-air studio or as an installation space.
The Art House consists of 3 separate levels with privacy fences, outdoor community areas
and a small herb garden.
The living area of the house includes:
- 6 private bedrooms (residents are provided with a bed, linens, pillows, blankets and towels.)
- 2 and half baths with washing machines for resident use.
- 2 fully equipped kitchens stocked with basic staples, seasonal vegetables, fruit and fresh herbs from our gardens.
- 2 community rooms
- 4 balconies
Friends or family are able to stay up to 5 days in the Art House if space is available