Art Aia- Creatives/ In/ Residence is a cultural center, a creative residency, located inside a farm in the Friulian countryside of Northern Italy, near the town of Sesto al Reghena in the province of Pordenone. Its aims are the cultural research and the artistic experimentation in the area, the circulation of information, the promotion of art and culture at a local and international level. Art Aia pursues exclusively cultural and artistic activities, guided by the idea that art can help to overcome the limitations and barriers place to communication still today, which in a way reduce imagination and creativity. For this reason, Art Aia is strongly committed to the promotion of exchange and collaboration between individual artists and groups of various nationalities and backgrounds.
The Centre organizes and hosts different types of activities: the artists may reside at Art Aia during periods of study and work, develop new projects, create performances or audiovisual work, attend courses, seminars and workshops on different techniques, present their work within Festivals and exhibitions and carry out activities aimed to the development of their artistic skills and creative process. Art Aia is also an ecology center, immersed in the nature of the Friulan territory, where it is possible to get familiar with sustainable agriculture and innovative practices of eco-therapy. Over the past five years, one of the main activity of Art Aia has been the higher education, with courses taught by international artists, and the center is also willing to enlarge the proposals of projects to the various fields in a logic of resilience. Several groups have also been hosted in the structure to carry out creative residencies, aimed at the preparation of new art projects. The spirit of Art Aia is to develop creativity, understood as a cultural resource and potential for growth, within a natural setting where it is possible to establish a new relationship between humanity, art and nature.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Art Aia is temporarily closed and residency applications are not accepted.
Workshop, exhibition, performance, open studio etc.
- The Art Aia Rehearsal Space is a large room converted from an old bachificio with many windows which hosts mainly training activities. The room is equipped with lights – audio, fans and two cast iron stoves to heat the space. The restoration of space has been made in respect of its origin. In the same structure, there is also a bathroom and a reception room.
- Art Aia Studio consists of a space converted from an old stable designed to accommodate the artists who are involved in cultural projects at Art Aia as well as the visiting local public.
- Art Aia Multi-purpose learning and Performing Center is a large space, an old farm barn, under renovation re adapted as performance space. The large capacity allows the creation of an audience and a staging area as well as the reconstruction of interiors for audiovisual projects and the use of green screen and new audiovisual technologies.
- The Garden is the outdoor space for visual and performance arts and it is also a place where one can simply walk, sit, watch, listen, smell, connect, feel and meditate.
- Art Aia Fields & Vineyards - organic agriculture is an ecological production management system that promotes and enhances biodiversity, biological cycles and soil biological activity. It is based on minimal use of off-farm inputs and on management practices that restore, maintain and enhance ecological harmony.
The guest house Art Aia is the structure that houses the people involved in the projects during their stay at Art Aia. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room & kitchen for a total of 7 guests. Art Aia offers also a private accommodation for individual residency with a private room, bathroom, living room, kitchen and a studio.
Art Aia - Creatives / In / Residence is located three kilometers from Sesto al Reghena , one of the “I Borghi più belli d’Italia”, in the northern Italian region Friuli Venezia Giulia. The art residence is contained in the locality of "Banduzzo" (which in local dialect means "Place Banned").