Application procedures differ enormously. Most programs on the Trans Artists website are open to artists from all nations, with or without deadlines. Usually artists are requested to send in documentation, a curriculum vitae, a motivation and if necessary a project proposal. Each institute has its own policy of adjudication. Participation is planned a long time in advance, usually six months, sometimes years ahead.
- When do you want to go?
- Is it possible for you to change dates?
- Do you have enough time for preparations?
- Be sure for which period you apply!
- Always check the deadline directly with the personel in charge!
- Be sure which documentation you have to send in.
- Be sure about the criteria.
- Check if you have to pay for applying.
- Check if you can get your documentation back or not.
- Check if, by signing the application documents, you already formally agree with certain obligations.
- Is it yes or no, or can you be placed on a 'waiting list?
- If you are selected: get a signed or at least a written document of agreements.