Young photographer award & residency
Young photographer award & residency
FINE ART Galerie & Kunstverein in Traismauer (Lower Austria) herewith announces its 4th edition of ‘Young Photographers Exhibition’ this November. For this year’s edition FINE ART Galerie will team up with ORTE Architekturnetzwerk Niederösterreich and AIR—ARTIST IN RESIDENCE Niederösterreich in Krems.
Topic: HUMAN IMPACT ON LANDSCAPE AND LIVING SPACES: The influence of man on his habitat forms the main issue of YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS 2018 and asks for the view of young photographers on the beauty or even deformation of their country or their immediate surroundings: How and where do we live, work, learn, produce, shop and spend our free time? Which places have we created for this and how do we move between them? How are villages, cities, regions, landscapes changing? Which qualities of the built and designed environment are recognizable? Which spaces do we pass on to future generations?
They are looking for progressive and innovative takes on photography. From analog to digital, still and moving, all photographic techniques and approaches are welcome. This can include works that stretch the boundaries of the assumed definitions of the photographic-based media. The exhibition (vernissage: November, 16th 2018) will feature up to 10 juried young artists. Entrants must enter 5–7 images from a specific series or body of work that reflects the above-mentioned topic.
ORTE Architekturnetzwerk Niederösterreich grants a studio apartment in Krems, as well as a scholarship financed by the Federal Province of Lower Austria:
- A stay from the beginning of July to the end of September 2019 in Krems, where atelier and accommodation are provided free of charge
- A scholarship of EUR 1,300 per month (altogether EUR 3,900)
- A solo exhibition in the FINE ART Galerie Traismauer at the end of September 2019 that will include the scholarship holder's work on the subject of HUMAN IMPACT ON LANDSCAPE AND LIVING SPACES (consisting of work created on one hand in the artist´s country of origin and during the first two months of the AIR stay, as well).
- Refund of travel expenses.
- A translator – as German or English are presupposed as spoken communication languages.
The submission for YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS 2018 and the AIR—ARTIST IN RESIDENCE Niederösterreich program (at ORTE Architektur Netzwerk Niederösterreich)
will take place simultaneously. The selection of the exhibitors at YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS EXHIBITION 2018 and the awarding of the residency will be decided by a specialist jury. The call is open to artists between 20 and 35 years. Applicants to the AIR program must not have an Austrian citizenship or their permanent residence in Austria. There is an 80% attendance requirement in Krems and surroundings for the entire duration of the scholarship.
In line with the topic HUMAN IMPACT ON LANDSCAPE AND LIVING SPACES a proposal has to be prepared (and submitted with the application documents), how a photographic examination of spatial phenomena of our time at the intersection of St. Pölten and the Danube look like. At the end, this should be contrasted by photographic work from the artists own region of origin.
The following documents have to be submitted by July, 15th 2018 at the latest (in German or English):
- Biography (max 2 A4 pages), transmitted as pdf file
- Portfolio (up to 3 A4 pages), transmitted as a pdf file
- Images submitted for YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS 2018, A4 format, two images per A4 page, max. 10 pages, transmitted as a pdf file
- The artists interpretation of the topic "human impact on landscape and living spaces" (in text form, max 2,000 characters including spaces), transmitted as a pdf file
- Completed and signed application form
For the AIR—ARTIST IN RESIDENCE Niederösterreich program, please, submit your files to [email protected].