YARAT Residency 2020
YARAT Residency 2020
YARAT Contemporary Art Space invites artists to apply for the residency programme 2020. The programme is divided into three periods (January–April, April-July, September-December) and grants selected artists an opportunity to live and work in Baku for up to three months. Each period hosts two international and two local residents.
YARAT Residency is open for artists who are engaged in open, research-based practice across disciplines and show an interest in discovering the Caucasus region. The programme engages residents in discussions with fellow artists, ARTIM LAB participants and international arts professionals as well as travel around Azerbaijan. Artworks resulting from the residence are exhibited at the ARTIM Project Space, Baku. YARAT Residency programme is predominantly conducted in English.
YARAT Residency offers:
- Studio spaces in YARAT Studios that houses Azerbaijani artists
- Weekly meetings with artists and YARAT curators
- Monthly meetings with international arts professionals
The residency will cover the following:
- Visa services
- Roundtrip airfare to Baku, Azerbaijan
- Local transport from and to GYD airport
- An apartment for international residents to share
- Living stipend: 600 AZN per month (including local and international taxes)
- Production support up to 1,000 AZN (including local and international taxes)
YARAT Residency Rules and Regulations
- Each artist should exhibit new work by the completion of residency period.
- The artist should proactively engage within the program of ARTIMLab through giving workshops, lectures or becoming a mentor for the participants.
- Images of created art work can be used by YARAT in all forms of reproduction (including catalogues, presentations and booklets) and can be used for advertising and informational materials (such as flyers and posters).
- Residents should work on-site in YARAT Studios and gain active knowledge of the organization as a whole.
- Residents should report, through an email or other media, on the creative production progress.
- By the completion of residency programme all created art pieces belong to the artist. YARAT takes no responsibility to retain or arrange shipment of art pieces.