Open call for KAMEN residency
Open call for KAMEN residency
KAMEN Artist Residency is an independent artist-run residency program and a non-profit organization initiated to provide a space for artists to live and work in a community and engage in either collaborative or solo projects. KAMEN is interested in the fruitful exchange between people, ideas, methodologies and disciplines - bridging diverse practices to foster interconnection in a myriad of ways. KAMEN is also an ideal location for a retreat from the hectic nature of urban life in order to focus on creative endeavors; to work on the production of art works, perform research, or write.
By means of strategic introductions made throughout each residency session, KAMEN assists resident fellows in making meaningful connections and engaging in intercultural collaborations with a diversity of local constituencies, as appropriate to each artist’s discipline and particular interests. KAMEN has been forming collaborations with different local cultural institutions and art associations and projects. At this point they have several partners in Trebinje, the closest city, – just 15 km from Orah: Gallery KC - Cultural Centre Trebinje, the Academy of Fine Arts, and the Museum of Herzegovina, with its team of anthropologists, ethnologists and archeologists. They are also currently partnering with The Devon Karst Research Society, as well, in support of their "Proteus Project in the Trebišnjica River Basin". Together with international environmental scientists, biologists, speleologists and other volunteers representing a variety of disciplines, they have been collecting significant amounts of data on the region’s rare and intricate cave systems and their associated fauna species.
Each participant is invited to hold a public presentation, in any preferred format, scale and environment, at the end of their stay. KAMEN facilitates exhibitions, lectures, master-classes, presentations and screenings to be held at a number of institutional, alternative or public spaces, in collaboration with their partners, depending on the nature of the project or research.
Residency fee: € 1.000 (2000KM) per month. Beside the residency fee, the visiting professional must cover their own travel expenses, local transport, food (they practice collective cooking) and additional (specific) working materials. Local transport is cheap but not frequent; car rental is quite affordable and advised.
Please send the following materials in pdf format to [email protected] before March 1st 2020. If your portfolio exceeds 10 mb, please use Wetransfer or other similar services:
- Preferred time at residency: duration of stay. If flexible about dates, please choose more than one option from May to October
- Personal information: Name, age, nationality, address, phone, email, skype, picture
- If you have a driving license
- Artist statement, short biography, CV (max three A4)
- Letter of motivation - considering the location of Bosnia-Herzegovina (max one A4)
- If working on a collaboration - brief description of a collaborative project (or community art project) and collaborators involved. If working on a project with potential local connections within the community please provide a description of the institutions/organizations of interest, not obligatory (max one A4)
- Link to portfolio / website / film
- Two reference letters (if available, not obligatory)