STUDIO2 X TANZ: Digital Residency
From 16 to 22 May 2023, STUDIO2 of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) will be hosting its artistic research residency STUDIO2 x tanz:digital.
The residency is aimed at individual artists or groups of up to 3 artists from the field of dance (also inter-disciplinary). It will enable open research into the artistic application of digital technologies.
STUDIO2 is a work and research space for independent performing arts in Berlin-Kreuzberg whose proximity to the ITI's Media Library for Dance and Theatre and the ITI's Media Studio offers the residency project the opportunity to develop diverse research approaches at the cross-section of digital technologies and arts.
The one-week residency includes, among other things, the use of the studio space as well as a workspace in the Media Library for Dance and Theatre and professional advice on research approaches. In addition to compensation, the residency artist(s) will also receive a mobility grant and attendance allowance.
More information on the residency and the application process can be found in their open call. The residency included:
- Free use of the 165sqm studio and adjoining spaces within the one-week residency
- Workspace in the Media Library for Dance and Theatre and professional advice on research approaches
- Access to the technical equipment available at STUDIO2 including the necessary technical introductions plus the opportunity to rent external technical equipment
- Documentation of the residency process and/or results
- Organisational and content-related support as agreed and required
- Compensation of 600 Euros for each residency artist
- Attendance allowance of up to 300 Euros each as well as a mobility grant of up to 100 Euros each for those who will travel to Berlin (in accordance to thwithBRKG) Limited financial support for technical equipment costs
Applications should include:
- Presentation of the artistic research concept with a clear and feasible research question on max. 1 page (approx. 2.000 characters).
- Your research concept should focus on the artistic research process including a comprehensible description of how the application of digital technologies can be integrated into your work.
- Short vitae of all applicants (approx. 600 characters per person) List of technical needs (what do you bring/what do you need
Please send the application for the STUDIO2 x tanz:digital Residency as a PDF document to [email protected] with the subject: „STUDIO2 x tanz:digital Residency - [NAME]“ no later than 27 March 2023. Applications can be sent in English and German.