Uberbau_house residency in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Uberbau_house [Contemporary Art Research] contemporary art residency, managed by Cooperativa de Arte, together with Curatoría Forense – Latin America, will be carried out from September to December of 2016, in the city of São Paulo (Brazil).
The residency Uberbau_house [Contemporary Art Research] is an instance of reflection, research and documentation on contemporary art, as well as an opportunity of exchange with local agents and organizations.The initiative is oriented to researcher visual artists, historian and art researchers, curators, art management’s, art teachers and other cultural agents.
Participants: 2 persons per month
Proposed dates for the realization of the residencies:
- SEPTEMBER: from Tuesday, September 6th to Sunday, October 2nd, 2016.
- OCTOBER: from Tuesday, October 4 to Sunday, October 30th, 2016
- NOVEMBER: from Tuesday, November 1st to Sunday, November 27th, 2016.
- DECEMBER: from Monday, December 5th to Saturday, December 31st,2016.
*the dates of beginning and ending will be agreed with the selected artists
Participation fee: usd$1200 (one thousand and two hundred American dollars). That fee includes:
- 27 days / 26 nights accommodation (in a shared room with another resident),
- and use of the common spaces of Uberbau_house: kitchen, laundry room, living room and yard.
- Free access to all the activities of Uberbau_house.
- Free access to the library and archive of contemporary art Reserva Ideologica.
- Free access with editor profile to the database VADB – community of Latin American Contemporary Art.
- Two public instances of presentation and conversation of your work
- Tracing and counseling from the coordination team.
- Meeting program with local agents: artist, curators, art management’s, researchers and other relevant agents from the scene.
Additionally selected artists will have to cover:
- Transportation expenses to and from the residency location.
- Lunch and dinner. Group meals will be planned.
Invitation letters will be extended to obtain aid funds and laboral permissions. Certificates will be given after the conclusion of the residency.
To postulate, fill the Application Formular. No application fee.
More information: [email protected]