Start of NACMM platform for mobility in the MENA region
Sept. 29 - Oct. 2 2016, Barcelona
AiR Platform NL was invited to contribute to a week of meetings to form a new platform for mobility in the North African countries. Initiated by Pau Cata of CeRCCca (Spain), partner organizations joined to discuss the parameters for this platform; to support independent art programs and artists in the region, give more visibility to their activities, and enhance exchange with each other and colleagues elsewhere.
The first meetings of the platform took place at artist-in-residence spaces of Hangar, JiWar, at CaixaForum and, as part of the SWAB Art Fair - Focus Magreb, with stands and public talks.
The NACMM project and platform will develop in 2016 - 2017 over the course of several meetings hosted by the partner organizations.
- Le18, Marrakech, Morocco
- Atelier de l’Observatoire, Casablanca, Morocco
- El Madina, Alexandria, Egypt
- Trans Cultural Dialogues, Algiers
- CeRCCa, Llorenç del Penedès, Spain
- Jiser, Tunis
The meetings were joined by
- BOX24, Algiers
- BAC Arts Center, Tunis
- Maison de la Image, Mutuelleville, Tunis
- SouthMed CV, Barcelona, Spain
- AiR Platform NL, DutchCulture|TransArtists, Amsterdam, Netherlands
North African Cultural Mobility Map is supported by the Anna Lindh Foundation.
For more information have a look at www.nacmm.org