Residence for Translators and Writers From the Northern and Baltic Countries
Place of residence
International Centre for Translators and Writers (Skruzdynė st. 9, Neringa (Nida), Lithuania). Duration: the two grant winners have to come for 2 months (60 days) residence to the International Centre for Translators and Writers with the right to choose a period (from 22nd September to 3rd December 2021).
The grant is given for the implementation of the Creative program during the residence period at the Center, to create and reside at the International Centre for Translators and Writers in Klaipėda County Ieva Simonaitytė Public Library in Neringa, Lithuania. The program covers a completed creative work and its presentation to Neringa’s community.
Amount of grant – 3020 Euro (one-off payment for one person)
Application submission and deadlines
Grant application can be submitted by a creator of full age living in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Åland, Estonia, and Latvia. A free-form application (up to 2 pages) has to be signed by the applicant. It would be appreciated if the applicant could indicate the dates of residence at the International Center for Translators and Writers.
Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected] until 14th August (Saturday) 12 AM (GMT+2), using the following title: “Application form for international grant”.
- CV and description of the creative activity (max. 2 A4 pages);
- Portfolio or sample of work, or publications (selection of 3–5 relevant projects);
- Description of the creative program which is planned to fulfill, its concept or plan (max. 2 A4 pages);
- Application has to be in English;
- Documents should be submitted in PDF format, in a single file.
- Submit your application by email [email protected] We will contact candidates by email.
- Application form evaluation – applications will be evaluated by the experts' panel.
The open call for the grant is open for everyone, despite education and current activities. Evaluation criteria:
- cultural activities and creative program artistic value;
- cultural activities relevance, idea expedience;
- cultural activities program continuity and results, dissemination;
- past cultural activities artistic and cultural value;
- past cultural activities dissemination.
Founder of the grant
The scholarship is funded by Nordic Culture Point. The person responsible for administering the application: Brigita Šiurienė, Senior Methodologist for Residence and Project Work at the International Centre for Translators and Writers, Klaipėda County Ieva Simonaitytė Public Library.
Skruzdyne st. 9
Phone: +370 687 53175
Email: b.siuriene [at] tvrc.lt