Winter/Summer Residencies at R.A.R.O. Madrid
R.A.R.O. Madrid open call for national and international artists who want to take up residence in any of the studios between winter and summer 2022. Residences are at least 4 weeks to be held in at least two (2) studios.
Deadline for application is 15 December 2021.
Those interested should apply following the instructions below:
- Research and choose the studios of the R.A.R.O network in Madrid where you want to develop your project.
- E-mail to [email protected] with a PDF file with the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (education, exhibitions, awards, previous residences, etc.)
- Up to 10 images of applicant's work / In case of videos send link with passwords (if required)
- Complete the online form.
Once the application is sent, the selection phase will begin, both the R.A.R.O. team and the ateliers chosen will analyze the project proposal and evaluate its viability.
It is important to note that
- Applicants must choose 2 studios for stays of at least 4 weeks. If one has doubts about any studio, it is possible to consult the organizers for advice to choose the most suitable option for the appicant and the project.
- The residencies have a cost, which will depend on the studios chosen and the length of the residence. At this time, there is no scholarship available, but support to find funding.
- The cost of the residency is distributed equitably among all the parties that make up the project: artists from the studios, an audiovisual record, support at all times, coordination of activities and meetings with cultural agents, and dissemination of the project.
- The objective of R.A.R.O. is to provide a space for horizontal dialogue and exchange of experiences and knowledge between artists from different places, disciplines, and experiences. Within the organization, it is aimed to expand the vision of contemporary artistic practices and promote collaborative work.