Open-call for Ukrainian Theater Artists
Writer and/or Director Residency in Timișoara, Romania
BASCA Theater from Timișoara is offering two residencies aimed to help young Ukrainian theater artists who are currently refugees from the war and/or have lost the opportunity to work in their home country. They invite either two playwrights or a playwright and a theater director to work alongside their team in their new production which will talk about the way in which refugees have been received by their country. As a playwright you will have to document and write one of the four episodes which will make up the play and as a director you will have to direct up to two such episodes and integrate them in the structure of our play.
The production has the following timeline:
- 10th July – 10th August – documenting/ writing
- 10th August – 10th September – rehearsals
They offer each artist a grant of 1700 EURO as well as accommodation for one month plus a travel grant of 200 euros. They also have Ukrainian actor in their team that will help and assist the artists accommodate in Timișoara.
Applicants can send an e-mail to [email protected] until 30 June 2022 along with:
- CV or short bio in English, photo of applicant
- A short letter of intent in English stating your motivation behind this application
- Links to/ a showcase of your prior works (with description max. 1 page in English). Playwrights can propose a short text (2pg).
The selection results will be published on Basca Theater Facebook page.
”What we had. What they gave us” is supported by the Municipality of Timișoara through the Project Center and the Romanian National Cultural Funds (AFCN).