Open Call for 2022 Bucheon Residency
The residency is for writers and artists who live in member cities of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network or who have been recommended by the Creative Cites offices.
The city has been working hard to promote the cultural content industry for 20 years by building cultural infrastructure for comics, animation, film, music and libraries. In under 50 years, Bucheon has transformed from an agricultural rural area to an industrial city and now to a city of culture. Koreans now recall not a ‘manufacturing town’ next to Seoul but ‘cartoons’ and ‘film festivals’ whenever the city of Bucheon is mentioned.
The residency will run over 7 weeks providing
- Airfares up to ~2500 USD.
- Accommodation for 7 weeks (1 or 2 weeks of quarantine can be included).
- Food expenses of up to ~850 dollars USD based on actual expenditure.
To apply, candidates must send
- a complete application form
- list of achievements over the past three years as necessary to support information in application form(photos of performances, media articles, awards received, etc.)
- portfolio (optional)
in PDF format to [email protected] before