Linenhall International Artist Residency
The Linenhall Arts Centre is based in the heart of Castlebar in County Mayo, Ireland. The organisation provides a vibrant programme of visual art, theatre, music and literature to the local community in the west of Ireland. Castlebar is a unique and beautiful location, steeped in culture and we wish to invite a highly experienced international visual artist whose practice will benefit from this environment, to join for a residency at the Linenhall.
The Linenhall International Artist Residency will support an artist in the creation of new work and/or the development of their artistic practice. The opportunity will be offered to a professional visual artist living anywhere in the world outside of Ireland, who can clearly demonstrate why they would like to take part in this particular residency.
The International Artist Residency is for 8 weeks in total. The initial two weeks of the residency will be prepartation weeks when the artist will be provided with a fee to research or develop a residency plan from their home or elsewhere from 5 - 19 September. The artist will then have access to accommodation and full studio facilities from 20 September - 30 October.
Linenhall offers one residency to one international artist in 2022, therefore the opportunity is limited to highly experienced artists who will be able to share their knowledge with local artists and the community.
Who can apply?
- Highly experienced professional visual artists aged over 18
- Artists who can clearly indicate why they want to come for a residency in Ireland
- Artists who want to build working relationships or lasting connections in Ireland
- Artists working in any medium including but not limited to: sculpture; photography; painting; installation; socially engaged practice; digital media, video.
- Artists working individually or as the lead artist with a collaborator (application will be assessed for the lead artist only)
Artists interested in applying must complete the online application form.
Applicants will be asked to create a basic account with their email address and password of their choice. This will allow the organisation to verify the email address and keep the applicants updated of progress. Applicants will also be able to save drafts of their application form and return to it as often as they like before the deadline.
The application form will ask to upload:
- Up to 7 examples of artists' work. Images or links to video, with short descriptions as necessary.
- Artist C.V.
- Artist statement (optional)
Please upload the information in one PDF document (video files or links can be uploaded separately). Deadline for applications is on Friday 3 June 2022, 5 PM.