Join our residency database!
Our database is a collection of professional artist-in-residence organisations from all over the world. We provide information about residencies and residency opportunities to a global audience of artists and cultural professionals in a broad range of creative disciplines.
We aim to continuously update our database and we strive for a geographical representation of the global artist-in-residency field. We welcome artist-in-residency organisations all over the world to submit information about their residency programme and be included in our database. We do not charge a fee for our services, as we are a non-profit organisation.
The TransArtists database is curated. Our team checks submissions and assesses the offered opportunity before we included it in our database. Generally, we only include residencies if they meet the following criteria:
1. You offer a dedicated artist-in-residency programme (as opposed to a one-time opportunity).
2. It's a professional opportunity that aims to support the artistic and/or professional development of artists and/or cultural professionals, offered by a non-profit organisation or at least without the intention to make profit.
3. If artists/cultural professionals pay a fee to participate in the program, the costs should be reasonable and justifiable, relative to local living costs and in relation to the professionalism and the facilities offered by the residency. The obligations or outcomes that are expected from the participant should be reasonable and feasible.
4. The program is open for artists/cultural professionals to apply (as opposed to invitation-only or strictly through bilateral exchange).
5. Most relevant to our audience are opportunities that are open to international artists/cultural professionals, regardless of nationality or where the applicant is geographically based. However, we do see the merit of opportunities with a specific focus and will take those in consideration too. For example: residency programmes that focus on a specific discipline, such as Performance Art or Literature; that invite POC (Persons Of Color) only; or that have a certain geographical scope, for example inviting artists from MENA countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen).
Find more detailed information about our criteria here: Join the database and update your listing.
Submit your residency
Do you fit our criteria? Fill in this online submission form to submit your residency to our database!
Please note that we process your submission manually, publishing your profile in our database might take up to 8 weeks.
- Are you not sure if your residency fits our criteria?
- Is your residency program brand new and your organisation just starting out?
- Maybe you are not a dedicated residency host, but you do offer a professional residency opportunity?
- Or do you have an upcoming deadline for an open call, that you would like us to share in our Open Calls section or promote on social media?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us by e-mail: [email protected].