ARP- Art Residency Project 2022
What does contemporary art mean and, above all, how and how much can the definition of contemporary be adapted to the continuous change of time and history? The last few years have confronted us with the need to reflect on the Hic et nunc, suddenly erasing that sense of stability that was associated with the idea of the contemporary era, our contemporary, peaceful and progressive era. In short, is history perhaps putting us in front of a new era? So will the future be the new contemporary? And how will art be able to respond to these mutations?
ARP Talents Exchange PACK AND GO wants to offer young artists the opportunity of conceiving and creating an artwork that represents their own idea of contemporaneity and that can be transportable anywhere in order to allow it maximum mobility. The artwork presented by each participant will be evaluated by a jury who will select 5 winning artists. At the same time, 1 young curator will also be selected to work in dialogue with the artists, creating the concept of an exhibition event.
The Talents Exchange PACK AND GO will therefore be the opportunity to bring together in Rome 6 young creatives from European countries (EU), countries of the Balkan area and countries of southern Africa (SADC).
ARP-Art Residency Project, is the cultural and educational exchange program in the visual arts, conceived and promoted by the Centro di Documentazione della Ricerca Artistica Contemporanea Luigi Di Sarro, with the contribution of MAECI – Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and Media Aid Onlus and with the collaboration of Rainbow Media NPO.
What the program offers:
The 6 winners of the competition will be involved in a 10-day training residency in Rome. They will participate in a workshop on the theme “Hic et nunc, the notion of contemporary”, which will include meetings with experts and scholars and a path of visits and activities at museums and monumental sites. At the end of the residency, an exhibition event will take place at the Centro Di Sarro headquarters, offering meetings and dialogue with the public. After the conclusion of the program, Centro Di Sarro will take care of promoting the exhibition resulting from the Talents Exchange, prepared for PACK AND GO.
To apply to the call:
- you must be born or permanently live in a European Union country (EU), in a Balkan area country or in a Southern African country (SADC);
- you have to be under 30;
- you must be fluent in English and be interested in having a group experience and willing to carry out the activities set out in the call in the period between October and December 2022.
(IMPORTANT: airline tickets, accommodation and access to museums included in the program will be paid for by the organization. Participants will have to provide for personal expenses and their own food. The accommodation may include multiple rooms.)
The application, drawn up in English, must be submitted by 10th August 2022, by email to [email protected], with “ARP 8th Edition CALL” in the object and accompanied by the following materials:
- Motivation letter with declaration of availability to participate in the period October-December 2022, under penalty of forfeiture (in PDF);
- Technical sheet and images of the proposed artwork which can be of any artistic discipline, as long as it can be transported in a bag that respects the rules of a hand luggage: 55x40x20cm weight max 8kg, no liquids and flammable materials (in PDF)
- Portfolio (in PDF);
- Artistic CV, with specific mention of the level of knowledge of the English language (in WORD);
- Copy of valid passport and proof of residence, if different from the country of birth;
- Proof of COVID19 vaccination and acceptance of the rules required for COVID19, based on the regulations in force in Italy and in the countries of origin at the date of the project.