Brno Artist in Residence Program 2023
Brno Artists in Residence is happy to announce an Open Call for visual artists, curators or theoreticians of any nationality for two months residency stay in June - July 2023 in The Brno House of Arts, Czech Republic
The Brno House of Arts residency program has been receiving artists-in-residence since 2016 and is a key constituent of the Brno House of Arts' conceptual framework. A top floor of the House of the Lords of Kunštát has been refurbished to accommodate the residency program, providing facilities for the accomodation and work by artists in three studios. The Brno House of Arts international residency program has been launched with the objective to develop opportunities for an exchange of ideas and opinions between the Czech and international arts scenes. Visual artists in various disciplines, curators and theoreticians in the field of contemporary art are invited to take part in the residencies. Residency program has closer interconnection with the G99 gallery as a space for presentations of selected artists in form of exhibitions.
Date of the residence:1st June 2023 to 31st July 2023.
The Brno House of Arts provides:
- artistic stipendium: 40 000 CZK;
- accommodation and studio at House of the Lords of Kunštát, Dominikánská 9, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic;
- available technical equipment and workshops.
The artists obligate:
- to stay in Brno at least 75% of time;
- participate on programs organized by The Brno House;
- The artist undertakes to elaborate a final report with photographic documentation from the course of the residency.
Applications have to include the following documents (in PDF only):
- letter of intent explaining why do you apply, what you expect and what you would like to focus on during the residence (max. 3 000 characters);
- brief informative curriculum vitae, including contact information (max. 1 page);
- portfolio (max. 10 MB). For video files please provide links to your own website, or to video sharing platforms such as Vimeo, youtube, etc. Please do not send links to video file downloads.
- Accepted candidates are required to use the residence in its full length during the following fixed period.
- Applications are accepted only in English, Czech, and Slovak via email by July 31, 2022.
- Please send your application with subject "International Open Call – BAIR 2023" to: [email protected]
- Results of the Open Call will be announced till August 31, 2022 at The Brno House of Arts websites: www.dum-umeni.cz and at Facebook page of the Residences: www.facebook.com/BrnoAiR.
- Candidates will be contacted about the results by email.
For more information, please contact Šimon Kadlčák at [email protected] or Jan Langer at [email protected] The Brno House of Arts is a contributory organisation funded by the Statutory City of Brno. The artist´s residency is financially supported by the Czech Ministry of Culture.