Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V.
The European Media Art Platform will offer EMARE (European Media Artist in Residence Exchange) residencies for artists working in the fields of digital media – in internet and computer-based arts, in sound or video art, in media-based performance, as well as in robotics or bio-art. The upcoming call covers residency stays in 2020 and in 2021 at eleven renowned European media art organisations. European artists can apply with a project proposal for a residency at one of the following institutions:
- Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
- Onassis Stegi, Athens, Greece
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
- FACT, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- IMPAKT Centre for Media Culture, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia
- WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany
The residencies are for two months in one of two time frames, either from March to August 2020 or from January to May 2021. Applicants can choose one of the two options or indicate that they are available for both.
The EMARE residencies of the European Media Art Platform Creative Europe are generously funded by EU’s Creative Europe programme.
Free access to technical facilities and media labs of the host institution, consultation by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at their members festivals in 2020-2021.