Salvage Vanguard Theater
The SVT Artist Guest House is designed specifically for the needs of artists, staying in Austin, whether for work or respite. It is a space for radical hospitality: Accommodating the creative life at artist-friendly prices. They offer two residencies. Artist-in-Residence and Visiting Artists:
- Artist-in-Residence: One artist is granted one-year of subsidized housing ($600/mth with no additional fees). Providing that artist with the opportunity to foster relationships with local and guest artists and serve in a leadership capacity at SVT as the resident host. As the cost-of-living continues to grow, SVT wishes to provide affordable housing to an artist who contributes to the cultural enrichment of Austin.
- Visiting Artists: To encourage collaboration with career artists nationally and internationally, the SVT Artist Guest House offers a subsidized room-for-rent for artists visiting Austin ($30-50/night with no additional fees). As Austin continues to grow in its reputation for exciting new work, The SVT Artist Guest House makes it financially possible for out-of-town artists to visit Austin with the purpose of collaborating with Austin-based arts groups, generate new work and/or present work to Austin audiences.
The SVT Artist Guest House is a residency for artists in Austin, both local and visiting, that provides artists with affordable creative-making residency space. The SVT Artist Guest House is a residence and is such to the service of artists by providing artists with comfortable accommodations, a host to assist the guest artist with visitor-needs and a private home-studio environment in which to work.
The organizers hope to encourage contributions to the cultural enrichment of Austin and to generate collaboration with Austin-based arts groups and national and international artists, and to support the generation of new work.
The SVT House does not provide a studio space for Applied Materials visual art projects. There is a shared flexible main room that can serve as a workshop studio for performance artists, film makers, and photographers. A large backyard can be used for outdoor creative experimentation, and applied materials art projects (weather permitting).
The residencies include:
- A private bedroom.
- A shared flexible main room that can serve as a tradition living room or a workshop studio for performance artists
- A large backyard for gatherings or outdoor creative experimentation, and applied materials art projects
- A washer and dryer
- A shared fully-equipped kitchen
- A shared bathroom with tub/shower