QuartaRiata Residence of Art and Technology
QuartaRiata is an independant artistic residency, creative incubator and exhibition space dedicated to media art production and distribution. The mission of the Residence is to develop and support the sector of media arts in Russia by means of the following activities:
- providing work space, equipment and exhibition opportunities for artists and art professionals within artist-in-residency program;
- serving as incubator for Russian and international producers, curators and art managers ensuring comfortable conditions for their efficient work;
- organizing social, cultural and educational projects in the field of media art, sound art, science art, with the aim to promote new forms of technologic arts to the general public.
QuartaRiata Residence is focused on new technological forms of arts: media art, digital, audiovisual, sound art, science art etc. The preference is given to artists working in these mediums. However, every form of artistic expression is welcomed and every application will be considered.
The outcome depends on the project's objectives, duration of stay and techniques used by artist. It can be an event or a series of events, a projection, an exhibition, a performance, an artist-talk or other.
Besides living studios, QuartaRiata disposes the folowing facilities:
- Q White Hall - event space (200 sq. meters) equiped with a projector, a screen and a sound system. Can be used for concerts, performances, night events, repetitions
- Q Mansard - event and exhibition space (100 sq. meters)
- Q-Café - a cafe and a bar equiped with a projector and a screen, dedicated to common work, lectures and artist-talks, as well as projections and presentations
The Residence has 12 living studios designed bauhaus. All the studios are equiped with a table and a chair, two nightstands, a mirrow-wardrobe.
- 5 studios with a double bed and a bath
- 4 studios with a double bed and a shower
- 2 studios with two twin beds and a shower
- a big mansard (100 sq.meters) with capacity to host a group (one double bed and up to 10 cots)
6 projectors, sound system, a mixer, microphones. Additional light and sound equipment can be organized according to the resident's needs.
QuartaRiata is housed in two mansions near the famous parks and fountains of Peterhof, on the shore of the Gulf of Finland. One mansion contains exhibition and event spaces, as well as media lab, where the residents can create media art installations. The other house consists of 12 living studios for artists and tourists, and a cafe. The location unites the advantages of the calm suburban life and the accessibility of the city of Saint-Petersburg by public transport.