Nafasi Art Space
Nafasi Art Space is a young Contemporary Art Space in Dar es Salaam with 11 studios, in and outdoor exhibition space and home to 15 artists. Nafasi’s mission is to be the leading Contemporary Art Centre in Tanzania that provides a platform for artists through development, production and entrepreneurship in the Visual Arts by providing training, exchange and exhibition of contemporary arts locally, regionally and beyond. The goal of the residency is to have an active art exchange between you and the Nafasi artists.
Nafasi Art Space is looking for:
- contemporary multidisciplinary visual artists working with ample experience (art students not eligible)
- experience and willingness to conduct workshops and community work.
During the residence period, you will:
- work on your own project at the Nafasi premises, stay for the full duration of the residency and will actively participate in the Nafasi events
- give a visual presentation of your work at the beginning of the residency to the Nafasi collective and interested Tanzanian artist
- conduct a two week workshop for Nafasi artists -in one go or spread over the residency period
The residency will end with a public presentation.
On its premises it has an average of 30 studios, in- and outdoor exhibition spaces and 50 member artists.
It is situated on the edge of an industrial terrain and a residential area in Mikocheni B in an old warehouse with a large plot.