Mas Els Igols
Mas els Igols is an artist oasis created for independent artists that want to dedicate their time to produce art in a highly focused creative environment. The residency is situated in the vineyards of wine area 'Pènedes' some 60 km from Barcelona city centre. They collaborate with a gallery downtown Barcelona where you can get the opportunity to exhibit your work in one of the group shows. The residency offers:
- big studio space (you share approximately 40 m2 with one other artist)
- private room
- welcome dinner if you arrive the first of the month
- shared kitchen, living room and outdoor spaces
- weekly art excursion or activity
- weekly drive to the supermarket
- group critique every two weeks
- possibility to join group exhibitions in the house or in Barcelona city
Exhibition or open studio.
They offer a total of 4 studios. Each studio is shared by a maximum of two artists/rooms. The studios have large windows, good light and plenty of space.
- Studio West: 38 m², high ceilings, patio view, direct light
- Studio North: 36 m² high ceilings, vineyard view, diverse light
- Studio Panorama: 36 m² 2,5m ceiling, amazing valley views, diverse light
- Studio Equator: 35 m², 2,5 m ceiling, patio & vineyard view, indirect light
The residents live and work in a 250 year old wine estate in rooms refurbished and decorated with items from the personal art & objects collection of the owners and share a kitchen and large outdoor spaces with max. 9 other artists. All the rooms meet Spanish hotel standards.
In total the estate has room for maximum 9 artists in 7 rooms. The rooms are decorated by hand made objects and art and furniture from the private collection of residency owners Iris & Arnout.