Kaman Art Foundation
Kaman Art foundation's aim is to identify, promote and celebrate the community's artistic and cultural identity and support community-based festivals, exchanges and events, as well as to bring to the community the art and culture of other communities in order to broaden their experiences and appreciation of the artist.
Its objectives include:
- To provide opportunities for artists and art activists in promoting their artworks and creative activities through exhibitions, workshops, forum and other related activities.
- To cultivate the development of traditional as well as contemporary art and culture.
- To promote an active cultural life in order to complement the economic, industrial and comercial aspects of the society.
- Through communication with other countries, to act as a centre of reference providing advices for and about local art and culture.
- To publish books, journals, catalogues and other printed materials related to art and culture as a means of documenting the progress of local art and culture.
- To International cultural exchanges facilitate deeper and better understanding between people of different cultures.
Sowing Seeds (Beej Bonna) is an interactive artist’s village residency where a residency is held every year in the month of December for a period of approximately 14 days. This interactive residency sowed the seeds of a highly creative conjunction among the rural and the contemporary artists.
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, collaboration, outdoor sculpture, documentation, or performing to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 14 days in the village of Rajasthan (INDIA).
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
Read the experiences by Edith Rijnja: "Seeds for Material and Mind: The Strength of Cultural and Social Interaction" (2011) & by Maria Rebecca Ballestra: "Sowing Seeds report" (2009).