Intercambiador ACART is a cultural association based in Madrid which organizes an international Artist-In-Residence program and exchanges between Spanish and foreign artists, including open studio presentations, lectures and exhibitions. This bilateral residence program focuses on the active practice of the artists. The association was founded and is coordinated by an artist-collective, with the goal to increase the resources for artistic practice and to establish international relations with other artists and associations. Intercambiador is establishing working channels with foreign cultural initiatives, and at the same time continuing and developing the residence program in Madrid.
Intercambiador is looking for artists (born, living and working outside of Spain) interested in working in a shared studio space in Madrid, and living in a shared artist-house for 2-4 months during various periods of the year. The goal is to integrate and promote the artist within Madrid’s art-scene.
- The artist will have a concerted views in Madrid to professional artists, designers, curators and other cultural associations and ateliers
- The artist will participate during the meeting: Encuentro Intercambiador, with selected artists invited from Intercambiador.
- The artist will give a lecture to the Art Faculty CES FELIPE II, Aranjuez.
- The artist will present his or her work in an exhibition in Espacio Trapézio or Quinta del Sordo, Madrid.
- The artist will make an interview for the TAP Magazine
Studio available for painting, sculpture, photograpy, design and video, shared with ten Spanish artists.
The four bedrooms flat is equipped with the basics including an internet connection, kitchen, two bathrooms and living room.