ArtCenter South Florida
The ArtCenter has served as a catalyst for the South Florida arts community for the past 30 years and it continues to re-invent itself and stay current to better serve the community and the artists’ needs. Since 2014, the Studio Residency program has been restructured with support from the Knight Foundation. Through its Studio Residency and Visiting Artist Program, ArtCenter seeks to advance artists careers and attract and retain talent from all over the world. With a constant flow of visitors, ranging from beach lovers to art collectors, an ArtCenter residency offers opportunities for engagement and cross-cultural exchange with South Florida-based artists and audiences. In addition to studios, artists are offered extensive exhibition opportunities in South Florida as well as national and international venues; professional development opportunities including studio visits with noted South Florida-based, national and international curators; participation in Fieldwork sessions, a peer oriented critique session; and workshops such as proposal writing, writing an artist statement, budgeting, etc.
ArtCenter/South Florida’s Studio Residency Program is ideal for artists who are committed to experimentation and innovation, seeking artistic & professional development, and are interested in being a part of and contributing to a dynamic community of local, national and international artists and creative thinkers. For a period of six months up to two years, artists are granted partially-subsidized studios at ArtCenter\'s Miami Beach campus located in the heart of South Beach on Lincoln Road, a commercial pedestrian mall, offering a unique residency experience in an urban, yet tropical setting.
• 175 to 600-sq. ft. studios
• 24-hour access to the building
• Wi-Fi access
• Up to 2 years in residence at ArtCenter
• Access to PRINTshop facility during open lab hours
• Up to 20 ArtCenter artists working on-site including visiting artists
• Participation in Studio Crawls held on the first Wednesday of the month
• Participation in ARTsmart program, 30 minute artist presentations to a small group of art enthusiasts and collectors
• Exhibition opportunities* in Windows @ Walgreens and other spaces
• Financial and technical support for production of new work
• Teaching opportunities within ARTstudies programs for artists with previous teaching experience
• Become part of ArtCenter Alumni Network