2007: New Look at Guest Studios NL-BE
- What are the current challenges for international guest studios and artist-in-residence opportunities in the Netherlands and Flanders?
- Which similarities and which differences in approach are there between Dutch and Flemish guest studios?
- What can be learned from these differences?
These questions were central to an exchange project of TransArtists and Flemish Cultural Centre De Brakke Grond in collaboration with guest studios in the Netherlands and Flanders, November and December 2007.
The project consisted of 2 bustours and resulted in a symposium.
Organisers of Dutch artist-in-residence opportunities travelled for two days to artist-in-residence opportunities in Flanders:
- Buda in Kortrijk
- Nadine in Brussels
- Wiels in Brussels
- FLACC in Genk
- AIR in Antwerp
Extra presentation were given at AiR Antwerp by Lokaal 01 from Antwerp, and by X=10c from Gent.
Organisers of Flemish workshops travelled for two days to artist-in-residence opportunities in the Netherlands:
- Kaus Australis in Rotterdam
- Stichting Vrij Glas in Zaandam
- Hotel Mariakapel in Hoorn
- BAK in Utrecht
Extra presentations were given at Kaus Australis and Hotel Mariakapel by Duende, Stichting B.a.d., Het Wilde Weten, and Kunsthuis Syb.
For a full report read the New Look at Guest Studios publication (English): (PDF)
This project was made possible by generous support of:
- Ministery OCW
- Vlaams Cultuurhuis de Brakke Grond