1-3 month residency at Sammaki Residency, Cambodia
Sammaki has an open call for talented artists, curators, and researchers who are interested in working in Battambang, Cambodia. Ongoing call - residency listed on TransArtists.org in 2015.
The Sammaki Residency offers a free 1-3 month residency. Sammaki provides:
- studio space, bedroom, porch, small kitchen, 2 small bathrooms with western toilets and showers, wifi, electricity, and fans. Please note that there is no AC and no hot water.
- Introductions to important local artists and arts institutions as well as assistance finding other resources important to your work such as translators.
Travel, material and food are the responsibility of the resident.
- Organize and run public programming at least once a month, such as: Workshops, Artist talks, Curate an exhibition or Screenings
- Act as a community ambassador
- Continue open gallery hours three times a week
- Continue to let artists and researchers use Sammaki for their own work
- Respect. Make an effort to learn Khmer and Khmer culture and try to learn more than you teach.
Read more about Sammaki residency here, as well as on its Facebook page. Apply anytime via its website!
For more information, please contact: [email protected].