Vyksa AiR 2021
Vyksa AiR 2021
The Vyksa Artist-in-Residence programme was established in 2017 by the OMK-Uchastie Foundation. It is a year-round platform for art professionals that provides residents with an opportunity to execute projects and conduct research in the Russian town of Vyksa. The prime consideration for selection is the project's focus on interaction with the local context and community on-site. They invite all artists regardless of their age, creative medium, and location, to participate. The duration of the programme is 4–8 weeks. This year, Vyksa AiR has announced the start of its partnership with the Volgo-Vyatka Branch of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts (Nizhny Novgorod, the Arsenal). This collaboration is directed towards promoting the residency among artists from Nizhny Novgorod and encouraging them to participate in the programme.
- Duration of stay: 4–8 weeks, depending on the length of research and project production, between 15 February – 15 December 2021.
- Grant for production: up to 40,000 RUB.
- Accommodation: a bedroom with an en-suite in the Vyksa AiR building.
- Access to a lounge, a study, a kitchen with all mod cons, and all things necessary for comfortable residence and working on a project.
- Vyksa AiR boasts a private apple orchard, which can be used for picnics and outdoor activities, as well as a 20 sq.m. artist's studio.
- Materials and equipment: please contact them to check the available equipment and discuss the purchase of necessary materials in advance of your residency. They allocate up to 20,000 RUB for the materials.
- Additional expenses: Vyksa AiR reimburses travel costs of up to 5,000 RUB. This usually covers train tickets and a taxi from the nearest train station (Navashino).
The application is online with deadline 10 January 2021.