The Artist in Residence Programme TaDA offers an unique opportunity to work together with renowned textile companies in Eastern Switzerland. TaDA is a joint cultural promotion programme run by the cantons of St.Gallen, Appenzell Ausserrhoden and Thurgau.
The aim of the Textile and Design Alliance is to enable constructive and creative encounters between contemporary art practitioners on the one hand and representatives of the traditional and yet high-tech textile production of Eastern Switzerland on the other. The residency facilitates the transfer of know-how and creative exchange with experts in textile manufacturing. Six candidates from Switzerland and abroad are offered the opportunity to work with textile companies in Eastern Switzerland for two to three months, to use a local studio and to build a new network in an unusual context. During the annual “Summer Academy” with international experts and speakers, you will be able to discuss your project with peers and specialists and also present it to a broad audience.
The residency dates are April to June 2020 and September to November 2020. The residency covers:
- Travel expenses
- Contribution to the cost of living
- Workplace in the former textile and engine factory in Arbon (today: Kreativzentrum ZIK)
- Technical support by selected experts from partner companies, including Martin Leuthold, former Creative Director of the textile company Jakob Schlaepfer
Deadline for applications is 6 December 2019. Please send your application to [email protected], with the following:
- Application form PDF
- Portfolio with curriculum vitae
- Ideally the outline of a project with a topic related to textile production