Sneak in Summer
Sneak in Summer
Trans Artists monthly A-I-R mail
no. 26 / Sneak in Summer
Whether you are looking for a last minute residency for the summer or already thinking about what to do the next, sneak a glance at the opportunities Trans Artists has selected for you!
SVA's Summer Residencies
Now in its third decade, this internationally renowned program offers emerging and mid-career artists an opportunity to spend the summer developing ideas and focusing on their artistic direction. Participants are immersed in the creative community of New York City, with the guidance of a distinguished faculty. Affordable housing is available, as are opportunities to display work.
- Were: New York
- No deadline
- Duration: 1 month
- Discipline: Drawing & Painting, Graphic Design, Multi Media, Photography, Printmaking
Summer Design & Intervention Workshops
This up coming August the designers Daniela Pais and David Luxembourg will direct special series of design workshops, aimed at the revival and renovation of old deserted and abandoned villages in the center of Portugal - through creativity & sustainable design development.
- Participation fee: 245 euro (includes materials, accommodation and full board)
- Workshop 1: August 18 - 25
- Workshop 2: August 23 - 30
Woodstock Byrdcliffe Summer Residency Program
The Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild (WBG) offers one-month residencies in summer to visual artists and writers. The goal of the residency programme is to provide solitude in community and undisturbed time in which to concentrate on independent, creative work in company of fellow artists.
- Deadline for application: March
- Located in the Catskill Mountains, one and a half miles from the center of Woodstock, New York
- Woodstock Byrdcliffe Artist in Residence Program
Life at Byrdcliffe Colony
- Visual artist Lilian Cooper tells about her life as an artist-in-residence at The Byrdcliffe Colony: read the report!
Summer Literary Seminars
The Summer Literary Seminars engage the participants in workshops in fiction, poetry, non-fiction, playwritings, translation, travel writing, lectures and readings with leading writers from around the world, as well as include exploratory excursions of the surrounding areas. A Literary Contest is held every year: winners will have the choice of attending anyone of the SLS programs.
Terra Summer Residency
The Terra Foundation's longest - standing program in Europe provides the opportunity to pursue individual study and research in a community of peers while being mentored by senior artists and scholars. Ten residential fellowships are awarded to artists and scholars from the United States and Europe. Fellowships are awarded to artists who have completed their studies at the Masters level and pre-doctoral students at an advanced stage of research and writing on American art or transatlantic artistic exchange. Each candidate must be nominated by his or her academic department.
- Fellows are awarded a stipend of $5,000 and artists receive an additional $200 for the purchase of materials.
- Where: Giverny, France
- Terra Foundation for American Art