Open call at ZK/U Berlin
Open call at ZK/U Berlin
ZK/U welcomes artists, scholars and practitioners that concern themselves with the phenomenon of ‘the city’. The programme is open to a range of contemporary artistic positions that are conceptual, interventionist and contextual. Artists are expected to have a broad record of projects and exhibitions. Scholars and practitioners should have some years of professional experience. One can apply individually or as a group. Group applications consisting of artists working together with scholars or practitioners from other disciplines are especially welcome. There are no limitations concerning age or region of provenance of the applicant.
ZK/U encourages applications from aspiring residents whose own practices fit into ZK/U’s conceptual framework and investigation leads. ZK/U seeks proactive practitioners with an open mind for divergent positions and for possible collaborations with fellow residents as well as ZK/U’s programme, infrastructure, and diverse audiences.
Within the frame of this Open Call, ZK/U invites applications around it’s current discourses of the conceptual framework and additionally encourages investigations into the following themes:
- alternative practices of knowledge production, mediation and new formats of cross-sectoral conversations
- inclusive modes of engagement in democratic decision making processes and grassroot movements
- connecting global communities through strategies of local non-monetary economies and digital governance
- prototyping digital and spatial infrastructure for a future based on the common good
For individual fellows, depending on the studio-apartment and length of stay, the residence fees are between €550 and €850 a month. The residency period varies from 3 to 8 months, and can take place within the next two years after the applicant receives a confirmation. After being selected, ZK/U will support the invited residential fellow in their efforts to secure funding through external grants by providing the fellow with an official invitation and a list of potential funders.
The residency provides:
- a studio-apartment for living and working
- access to communal spaces (kitchen, terrace, library)
- a special residency program of weekly dinners, monthly studio visits and bi-monthly open studio events (OPENHAUS)
- the possibility to take part or be part of ZK/U’s public events
- support to locate events, resources, and urban discourses relevant to the fellows’ research interests
- support to create self-initiated public events or formats
- promotion of the fellows’ work online and locally
To apply please fill in the online application form and send the following materials in PDF (max. 15mb and 14 pages combined) through wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org deadline 23rd April 2020:
- Curriculum vitae (PDF, max. 2 pages)
- A selection of 2 to 3 projects representing a practice relevant to our conceptual framework (please include descriptions of those projects) (PDF, max. 10 pages)
- A detailed working plan (only if you are applying for a residency that is longer than 6 months) (PDF, max. 2 pages)