NECTAR AiR Program 2018
NECTAR AiR Program 2018
Nectar is a non-profit cultural organization located in the midst of nature in the off-the-grid 16th-century farmhouse, surrounded by endless forest inside Les Guilleries Natural Park, about 1h and 30min drive north from Barcelona.
In its first artist residency program, Nectar will work in collaboration with ON MEDIATION_Platform on Curatorship and Research, an initiative of the Research Group Art Globalization Interculturality (AGI) from the University of Barcelona. The artists will have the chance to present their work in an Open Studio event and gather along with On Mediation team and guests from the local art scene, enabling a space of conversation and feed-back. On Mediation team will write a short text about each artist’s work that will be published at OMMagazine. The culmination of the residency will be a one-month exhibition in CARLES TACHÉ GALLERY, one of the most well-known Contemporary Art Galleries in Barcelona, where the artists will present their works within the artistic Barcelona scene. The opening will be on June 9th 2018. One-day visit to exhibitions, art spaces, artist’s studios or other events in Barcelona will be organized by Nectars' team. During their residency, the artists will have access to Nectars' administrative and human support and to its network with local artistic and cultural community.
Accommodation: Participants will live in a big private furnished bedroom.
Food: Daily food supply / self-cooked.
Studio Spaces & Facilities: Studio spaces vary according to the proposed projects and media. Individual space and shared working studios are located in the main farmhouse. Indoor and outdoor spaces (two terraces, a patio, the land of the property and a 60m2 Moroccan tent) are open to the artist’s practice. Artists are also encouraged to use the nature and the surrounding environment as their workspace. Artists will have access to studio and workspaces 24 hours a day. The fully equipped-kitchen and the two bathrooms are shared.
Transport: Pick-up/drop off at Vic train station.
Artists must submit a project proposal which should include the following: Summarize your project's proposal, giving the reader a a clear understanding of your intended work / A statement of your needs in order to research and produce your art. To apply, applicants must submit the following documents by using the online application form, with deadline 31st March (documents can be written either in English or Spanish):
- Project proposal (PDF up to 10MB)
- Short bio/CV and artists’ statement (PDF up to 10MB)
- Motivation letter (max.300 words)
- Portfolio / Up to 10 images in 1PDF up to 10MB and/or up to 3 videos or links to a website
- Application payment receipt (PDF): A 35€ application fee is required. The fee is a donation to Nectar non-profit cultural organization and used exclusively to support the Nectar Artist in Residence Program. Information for the Application fee transfer:
IBAN: ES64 2100 0839 8502 0059 0632
SWIFT / BIC:CAIXESBBXXX
Concept: Name + Artist Residency donation
It is expected from each artist to donate one work. The residency will offer:
- 1 Full grant (100% funded): No costs / 3 weeks / Private room. Confirmation of the stay at the residency must be done within one week after the announcement.
- 3 Partial grants (50% funded): 600€ / 3 weeks / Private room. Confirmation & Payment must be done within one week after the announcement.
The grants include:
- 3 weeks residency at Nectar
- One month exhibition at at Carles Taché Gallery (black & white space)
- Opening event of the exhibition
- Collaboration with On Mediation_Platform on Curatorship and Research
- Texts written by On Mediation's team and special guests
- Interactions with local agents (curators, writers, art critics) through Open Studio
- One day visit to Barcelona artistic scene - transport included
- Private bedroom
- Private and shared working studios
- Food supplies
- Access to Nectar equipments
- Communication and social networks
- Pick-up/drop off at Vic train station
- Transport Nectar-Barcelona for the exhibition at Carles Taché Gallery.
- Travel costs
- Shipping of the work after the exhibition