Daegu Art Factory 2020
Daegu Art Factory 2020
Daegu Art Factory affiliated with the Daegu Foundation for Culture has the opportunity to invite artists to join its artist-in-residence program designed to support their creative activities. A refurbished warehouse of a tobacco manufacturing plant, a token of Korea’s industrial heritage, Daegu Art Factory functions not only as an art space for fusion and convergence creation but also as a civic art platform. The factory hopes more artists will be interested in and join this program to encourage diverse, experimental creation and promote artistic activity.
- No age limit.
- All participants must have foreign nationality.
- Each participant must solve all matters pertaining to their stay in Korea including obtaining a visa.
The dates of the residency for Overseas artists are: March - May, 2020; June - August, 2020 and September - November, 2020.
Details of Support by the residency:
- 300,000 won as creation support fund every month. (The amount is the same for both long-term and mid-term resident artists).
- Space support for creation.
- One studio for one artist (one team). Every studio is air-conditioned and heated and facilitated with a bathroom.
- A square studio measuring 62~82 m2 will be offered (height: 3,500 mm).
- Each resident must bear utility expenses (electric charges and other public charges and tax) accrued during their period of residence.
- Common facilities (common workshop, community room, cookroom, laundry room) are available for every resident.
- Facilities (exhibit room, Suchang Hall, seminar room, conference room) can be used at no charge.
Program and promotional support:
- Support for resident-related programs (exhibition, performance, joint project, 1:1 critic program)
- Support for publishing catalogs or printed materials.
- Promotional support at home and abroad.
Deadline for applying is 19th December 2019. Application must be send by e-mail: [email protected], with the following documents:
- An application
- A copy of residential registration (It will be returned or disposed of after screening).
- Health Insurance Certificate of Qualification (It will not be returned).
- A portfolio - There is no fixed form in creating the portfolio, but it should be within 10 pages. It must be submitted in the file format (PDF or PPT).