Call for choreographers at K3
Call for choreographers at K3
As part of its residency programme, the choreographic centre K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg at Kampnagel provides three eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of their career, but have already produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins around the beginning or middle of August and runs until end of March / beginning of April of the following year. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical, and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the choreographers in residence closely to the various other on going programs of K3.
The goal of the residency is to develop and strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production, and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up space for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers will each develop a full-length piece that is presented towards the end of the residency on three evenings. The residency programme covers:
- a monthly scholarship
- a production budget for the performances at the end of the residency
- use of the K3 studios
- an accompanying mentor support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance, and public relations
- active participation in the K3 outreach programme
- participation in program on practical production skills
- optional: participation in regular professional training and other workshops offered at K3
- optional: participation in the “MA-Performance Studies” programme at the University of Hamburg
The application period for the residency in the 2019/20 season begins June 15 2018. The deadline is August 13 2018 (11:59pm central European time). The application can only be made in English through the online form. Application requirements:
- The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career, but should also have already implemented some projects of his/her own.
- The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from beginning/middle of August 2018 until end of March/ beginning of April 2019 in Hamburg.
- The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
- The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
- The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
- Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
- They accept applications in all choreographic fields (also dance for young audience for example). There is no pre-setting or exclusion.