art quarter budapest 2019
art quarter budapest 2019
art quarter budapest (aqb) is an interdisciplinary contemporary arts and cultural center located in the historical industrial buildings of the former Haggenmacher Brewery in Budapest’s 22nd district. art quarter budapest’s International Artist-in-Residence program hosts the following disciplines: Visual arts: painting, drawing, sculpture, media art, installation, graphic arts; Performing arts: theater, dance; Film, photography; Music and sound art; Literature and literary translation; Illustration and design and Art theory, curatorial and art management.
The residence program offers all entering participants a fully furnished private room within a communal apartment located on the aqb premises, as well as a studio space catering to the project’s requirements. Studios are assigned based on the project requirements. All studios are heated, have natural light, ventilation, wi-fi and are accessible 24/7.
They offer varied services to integrate the residents into the local art scene and assist in establishing professional connections that best support their work and career. The residency program offers broad possibilities for artists, including cooperation among various disciplines, backgrounds and interests to serve as sources of inspiration.
- Mediation in organizing a solo show or presentations as a closure of the residency period at aqb.
- Meetings and lectures with Hungarian curators and art critics.
- Tours of Budapest and places of interest in the surrounding area.
The fee for participating in the aqb Artist-in-Residence Program is EUR 850 per month. This fee serves as an important contribution to the maintenance and operation of the institution.
Applicants should send the following material as a pdf to Dorottya Magyar: email@example.com, with deadline 15th December:
- Artist or group’s professional CV.
- A portfolio of related works: Visual artists: images or video links; Performing artists: a synopsis of previous works, video links and reviews; Literature: a list of publications and professional acknowledgements.
- A project description which clearly elaborates the residency goals and the work to be created while at aqb. For performing artists: the description should contain a list of production partners and expected date and place of the first performance.
- A statement explaining how coming to aqb, to Budapest, or to Hungary is relevant to the development of your project. For example, how does the geographic, social, political or cultural dynamics of Budapest, Hungary play a role in your project?
- Completion of the downloadable application form.